Friday, March 03, 2006

TGIF

Posted by Picasa

I've been waiting for this day. My red envelope arrived from Amy probably over a week ago (along with the always fun to peruse King Arthur Flour catalog). But I haven't dared to open it until I had a day - a day to myself to really enjoy it. It's been long in coming, but hurray the day is finally here and how cute are her illustrations?!

Posted by Picasa
Posted by Picasa

I feel like a little kid, so excited to have something fun arrive in the mail. Now maybe I'll actually get myself organized. It's just so nice to have the house to myself - it seems so rare these days. I plan to spend the rest of the day with Hemingway, and my Hourglass sweater.

This is the view out my kitchen window

Posted by Picasa

So I was feeling quite pleased with my picture of these cheery daffodils (although beginning to droop a little) in their humble little Ball jar.

Posted by Picasa

Then I checked out Yarnstorm as I always do - and could only laugh when I saw Jane's fabulous vase of Daffs. Now how sad are mine?

2 comments:

mathomhouse said...

Fresh, even fresh-ish, daffs are never sad.

Bec said...

Hi
I read your comment over at PeaSoup and thought I'd pop in to suggest using Picasa's blogger option for your pics, but I see you are doing so already!
Sorry, I have no better advice, but I do very much love your blog - where do you find daffodils with so much snow and ice?