Sunday, June 04, 2006

While My Computer Was Sleeping...


I've been working, watching many, many soccer games, not cleaning my house, not getting into my garden enough, and knitting a little. The Fingerless Mitts were completed just in time for summer (she said sarcastically). But my Alissa loves them and thinks they are very cool to wear while she's playing her drums. These were very easy to knit up - can be done in an evening or two and used just one ball of Noro Kureyon. I tried to throw caution to the wind and knit the mitts including that strange section of rust colored yarn, but in the end I just had to chop out the whole rusty chunk - it just did not seem to belong there.

I've also squeaked in some reading, movies, and further progress on the PBSJ. The yoke and sleeves are done, and I'm started on the back - which I think I need to make a bit longer than the pattern calls for, but I'm daunted by the task of figuring out how to do it properly with that pleated back and diamond pattern.

Anyhoo - loved the Movie as well as the book (Geisha that is) it's beautifully filmed - but sad, sad, sad. The Country Life I'm not lovin' so much. It's about a woman who abandons her life in London, in order to go live in the country and care for a young disabled man. Three-quarters of the way through it's just been a series of silly situations she gets herself into, and is just FINALLY beginning to explain why she bagged everything in her previous city life. I'm hoping that maybe it will somehow redeem itself in the end.

Guess that's all for now - I feel there's so much I want to say after being away so long, but I don't want to bore everyone to death.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad to see your computer is awake! Lovely mittens, you were right to cut out the rusty bit. If it doesn't look right, don't put up with it!

Desperate Housewife said...

Your weekend DVD, book and knitting pictures always look so perfect! And inviting. I think I'm going to try one right now.

Ragan said...

Wow! I am so glad that your computer is cooperating. I love your fingerless mitts with the Noro yarn! They are wonderful. How was the movie?